Monday, May 9, 2011

Mondays Are For Mischief

I love my Mondays spent at home with Silas. I feel like I get to see the 'real him' on those days, although I'm not sure how much sense that makes. The day for both of us, from start to finish, is spent on our agenda. Yes, we have to do things each Monday like grocery shopping and sometimes extra errands like the post office and the bank. Those kinds of things are just fine. What I'm talking about is the freedom of not having to be a billion places at a billion different times, which is what typically happens on other days of the week.

Often Silas sleeps in on Mondays, and this is how I usually find him in his crib. Please note, I typically end up waking HIM, instead of the other way around, and usually it's somewhere in the ballpark between 9:00 and 10:30. This apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree.


The day proceeds on with loads of mischief, mostly from you-know-who, and to a lesser extent from me as well. For example, this is Silas extremely excited about the garbage truck going by...so excited, in fact, that he was caught climbing up onto the window seat.  I wish I could say this was a rare occurrence, but it's not. Honestly it's even a tame pose, as we've jumped up quickly and run to him when he has stood completely up and plastered himself Leslie-Knope-style against the window.


(I'm sorry, I've looked, and I just can't find a picture of that Parks and Rec episode where Leslie plasters herself up against the door because she's feeling her Red Bull. This one will have to do.)


Another example is when I began digging through the cabinets to prepare dinner, and what do I behold but this...


In this picture you will note my nesting glass bowls with...what inside of them, you might ask? Ah, that would be a wooden baby block, a tupperware lid (NOT my doing), and one of Tex's chewed-up tennis balls. Excellent job done by Silas to open cabinet doors and stick curious odds and ends where they don't belong. The sad thing is, I didn't even wash that bowl before I used it.
Just kidding.

No comments:

Post a Comment