Monday, August 1, 2011

"Top of the Muffin To Ya"

In looking at the title of this post, I realize that I have way too many Seinfeld references going on in this blog. How convenient though, since this post concerns the second recipe that I attempted from Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious. I had 20 minutes' worth of extra time on my afternoon off, which was exactly how long it took Silas to decide that he didn't want to take a nap after I had laid him in his crib (this was a sad occasion, as I enjoy the afternoon Silas-nap). Because I had 20 minutes to my self and some extra butternut squash puree left over from the macaroni-and-cheese recipe, I whipped up a batch of Applesauce Muffins, which do indeed call for butternut squash puree in them. I made them look all pretty for you, dear readers, before I shoved them into a tupperware to face the reality of effective storage.

Since Silas shirked his afternoon nap, he was around to enjoy a muffin warm out of the oven. Placed in his high chair with an applesauce muffin and a sippy cup of milk, life was grand for him, and thereby also for me, for a good ten minutes. Rarely has Silas enjoyed something more, but examples such as the godforsaken Gray Van, oven timers, and horsey rides do come to mind.

Thanks Jessica Seinfeld, for teaching me to trick my child. He was never the wiser that he was eating vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment