Monday, July 11, 2011

Cheerios and Beach Times

Okay a random assortment. I'm back to blogging (I hope) and am thinking I'm slowly pulling out of the fatigue and nausea of this first trimester. Honestly, each night when we finally sit down between 9 and 9:30, I think of all the things I want to do: finishing "Bossypants" by Tina Fey, knitting a blanket for Baby Question Mark (our friends refuse to share the sex or name of their expected little one, so Baby Question Mark it is), blogging, etc. Instead, all that seems to happen is I space out on the couch until I can't stand it anymore and go to bed at what feels like 3AM but is actually 10:15. Spacing out on the couch doesn't even include watching a 30-minute comedy. I can't even muster the brain cells for that. It's sad.

So here is my first entry in a long time. BJ, Silas, and I spent a long, lovely vacation in New England with some extremely wonderful friends, and I can't tell you how refreshing and happy that trip was for us. I will certainly post more pictures from our adventures in times to come, but for now, we will limit it to the beach pictures from Bar Harbor, Maine, where we visited Andi. As you can see from the pictures, Silas is having quite the time! He takes after his mommy a bit, as every time I see the wonderful, wonderful ocean I make a point to go down to it and bellow my delight out to the crashing waves. Silas, unaware of his mommy's uncontrollable urge, incidentally did the exact same thing. Of course, I immediately encouraged it by joining in, which kept the chorus going for a few minutes. It was wonderful.



Another random tidbit: For those of you who missed my husband's incriminating Tweet/FB status the other night about my pregnancy cravings, I will graciously share it with you now:
I had to make a 9pm run to get my wife honey-nut Cheerios (the regular Cheerios in the pantry were not acceptable). She got goose bumps upon tasting them. If she wasn't pregnant she'd be crazy.

Well, let's be honest. The man wasn't fibbing. In the words of the great Cheri Oteri, "The story is as told." The funny part is that BJ got a tweet from a lady at General Mills the following day, asking him for his address because she noticed his tweet and had something to send him. We got quite the kick out of this, particularly because she was calling from Minneapolis, where the General Mills Headquarters is situated. The building itself is quite large and is about three blocks from our second apartment. And oh, did it ever smell lovely. Every day we would make statements to each other on our nightly walks, such as "Must be Cinnamon Toast Crunch Day today," and "Mm-mm-MM, smell those Cheerios!" It was divine. So, in the mail today comes our package from Minneapolis, and it includes two of these shirts! Luckily they are size Large so I still fit in them, even with a growing Baby Oot.
 It's the little things in life, isn't it?

1 comment: