Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tidbits

Well, there just doesn't seem to be much to say for some reason. I don't know if I have writer's block or if life just hasn't been exciting lately. I'm taking an idea from a friend; since I seem to have no complete topic to discuss today, here's a random assortment of my life lately:


1. I haven't been able to jog in forever because of this nasty bronchitis. I really miss jogging and I'm start to feel out of shape, especially since every time I laugh or try to tell a story of semi-decent length I end up hacking up a lung. I'm headed back to the doctor on Friday morning to see if perhaps there is something else I should be doing to spur recovery along.

2. Blackmon and Weeden have stated that they are planning to return to OSU's football team next season. Need I say more? I'm fully in agreement with my husband's cousin Trish, who texted me, "I pretty much screamed when I found out." Go Cowboys!

3. Silas is hell on wheels. That boy is not only crawling at a maniacal pace, but also walking around while holding himself up on furniture and pulling up on everything in sight, typically things mommy doesn't want him to pull up on (i.e. the toilet, TV trays, Tex, etc.). He's also taken to waking up in the middle of the night and wailing if we try to leave him after putting his pacifier back in his mouth. This is a new and exhausting development. Sleep has been poor lately, when you combine Silas' antics with Tex's snoring, plus incidentals such as the dishwasher completing its cycle with a cheerful "BEEEEP" at 4:30 in the morning. It all led to me sitting up in bed the other night, whispering "For the love of God!" and then immediately having a coughing fit. We're crossing our fingers for a good night tonight.

4. Last night we mailed off a check that pays in full the smaller of my two student loans. Getting that degree was expensive, but at least one of those payments is now gone. Thanks to Dave Ramsey for his inspiration.

 5. I said I'd never talk about work, but this one was too funny. I'm seeing a teenager who was telling me all about a social event she was going to attend last night. As we were walking out of our session yesterday, I said, "Have fun at your event tonight." Just to illustrate the seemingly enormous gap between myself and a 13-year-old, she tried to be nice and said in return, "Thanks. Have fun...you know...being a psychologist."

And that's been a week of life, Jenny-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment