Wednesday, October 6, 2010

BJ is Coming Home

Yes, that's right, he's on a jet plane right now. I believe that I can safely say that he has been out of town without fear of some crazy person coming into my house, because here and now I will tell you that I am the proud owner of a 38-special that I affectionately refer to as "Old Blue," and I'm not afraid to shoot it. In the words of Scarlett O'Hara, "I can shoot straight if I don't have to shoot too far." This has officially taken a forbidding turn. What I meant to say was, BJ is coming home! And to make things even better, we are already officially on our weekend, which extends all the way until next Tuesday. We may not have internet access on these days, so don't think this blog has died if you don't hear from me for a few days, reader.

While I'm glad that BJ is coming home to us, the anticipation of traveling is always great for me. This year BJ and I have been on trips to Chicago, Indianapolis, Dallas (a few times), Kansas City, Minneapolis, and a couple of in-state trips. BJ has also traveled a few other places for work, but I didn't get to join so those don't count in my book. We're also planning two trips in early winter, one to L.A. and one to the Big Apple, since it's on my bucket list to see the Rockefeller center Christmas tree. I have become somewhat panicky lately that this particular wish may never be fulfilled, thinking for some reason that having children makes this dream much more difficult, which I suppose it does. I thought, better to tackle this goal now when we have only Silas, versus next year when I hope to be delivering my second child at that time, and versus the few years after that when I hope to have little ones swarming at my feet. God willing, I would have time to see this Christmas tree after the kids grow up and are eventually adults, but for some reason I keep envisioning this time as some sort of invalid or nursing home resident. Clearly, this is likely not to be the case, as my parents seem to be in the prime of THEIR lives right now. Still, I'd like to take the trip now instead. And maybe then too. Poor Silas tolerates us well. He's taken four trips and we plan to have the little guy in tow for both the NYC and LA trips too. This boy will have seen coast to coast by the time he's 8 months old, and probably all he really wanted was to be at home in his own crib. Good thing he is a laid-back kind of guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment