Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall has arrived!

Nearly two months ago we were visiting our friends Billy and Heidi in Minnesota, and fall seemed like it had set in there. The windows were open, we wore hoodies when we ate dinner outside, and I ate pumpkin pancakes for breakfast. It was with great procrastination that we dragged ourselves back into the Oklahoma heat, a whole 30 degrees warmer at home than it was up north. But alas, finally, we have the same weather here at home in Oklahoma now that it is October.

Can I just take a minute here to extol the virtues of my favorite season, the fall? With the fall comes many fantastic advantages, the least of which is the omnipresence of my favorite color orange. Cooler weather, football, pumpkin pie, football, Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, football, 7-11 pumpkin spice cappuccinos, football. I'm telling you, now is the time. In my humble opinion, it just doesn't get better.

In other news, I am now running 8 minutes at a time without stopping, and having the additional bonus of not feeling like I might die right afterward. Also, Silas is eating vegetables and doing a heck of a job of it. More to come on that later.

Have a great day, and for those of you in Oklahoma, enjoy this beautiful fall weather!

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog Jenny! We miss you but this definitely gives me a Jenny Potter fix for a bit.

    ReplyDelete