Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturdays

I love Saturdays. I mean seriously, how lucky am I that I have several weekly days, but particularly Saturday, where I can be with my family and not have to work? I remember in 2001 I was in New York City and was chatting it up with an Asian lady who sold some goods in China Town (legitimate goods, that is). She told me that she works seven days a week, never a day off. I thought, "How can this be?" And yet, there are people in this world who have to do it. But I was a lucky one today. I watched college football (OSU is now 6-0, coming off a great win in Lubbock thank you very much), jogged with friends (see below), had BJ's parents over for dinner, and baked my first pumpkin pie of the fall. Canned pumpkin has once again been pretty hard to find this year, but I'm hoping for the best as the season wears on. Pumpkin bread needs to be baked soon!

In other news, I am now able to run a mile without stopping. I run an 11-minute mile, but I just can't chide myself about the pace because at least I'm getting it done. Props to my running buddies, BJ, Chanda, and Landon today. Like a bunch of juveniles (and against the wishes of Chanda and BJ, I must admit), we ran all the way to the house about a mile away where the girl was murdered earlier this week. I don't know if we expected the house to look spooky or what, but everything seemed completely normal despite the gruesome scene only a few days ago. Both of the babies also did well in their strollers during the run. Also in other news, Silas is sitting up pretty independently at this point, which is pretty cute. His longest stretch is about two minutes I think.

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment