Saturday, October 9, 2010

Bragging

Well, I know that the Lord especially appreciates a humble soul, but I have to admit that I was fairly proud of myself yesterday. While on my vacation, I decided that it would be best for my body and mind to attempt a jog. I had been forewarned by Susan, my mother-in-law, that the place is hilly so good luck, and I therefore decided to only require four minutes of continuous jogging from myself. I set off walking and found a nearby trail. I thought to myself, “Self, this seems like as good a place as any to jog.” Then and there, reader, I began my 12-minute cotinuous (yes, 12 whole minute) cross-country jog! Some of it was uphill, some of it was rocky, some of it was uphill AND rocky, but I kept my feet a-movin' for 12 minutes. Then I came back and ate a couple of cookies in sweet, sweet celebration, but we shall not digress...I am ahead of myself in the Couch to 5K plan, so I'm particularly hopeful that this Thanksgiving-time goal can be accomplished.

In other news, I saw a tarantula yesterday, which was kind of exciting. The last several that I had seen were on the highway, in which I was a good, safe distance away since I was driving in my car on those occasions. This tarantula was at a picnic site, and he was a quizzical, crawling fellow. I had the heeby-jeebies afterward, but I suppose that's to be expected. Also, I am more than delighted with OSU's 5-0 start, which is more than many people expected of us.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment