Saturday, November 20, 2010

Bit By the Bug

Illness has descended upon the Potter household, particularly on me (and thankfully not on my boys). I've neglected my blog because since Wednesday night I've barely been able to see straight from the nausea! A nasty GI bug got the best of me and I've been out of commission.  I am now seven pounds lighter and feeling like a featherweight in terms of endurance too. I'm pretty thrilled that this bug chose to come this Thursday rather than next Thursday, as that would have made for the poorest Thanksgiving I've ever had. Plus it would have meant that the Turkey Trot was a no-go. As it is now though, I'm wondering how the Turkey Trot will pan out. I really feel too exhausted to even take a walk today, which had been the goal I had set for myself. I really think even a walk around the park is asking too much of myself today.  How sad is that? Will I really be able to gut out 3.1 miles in five days? Only time will tell, I suppose, but I'm no longer thinking "yes."

Let me end this blog entry on a great note, however. I'm watching the Oklahoma State football game on TV and just heard a great line from the announcer... "That's what it's going to take to beat Oklahoma State this year: 12 men on the field." What what.

No comments:

Post a Comment