Monday, November 1, 2010

Election Day

Well, tomorrow is election day. Or is it Election Day? I don't know. I do know that I will be going to vote, and I know that it will be happening late in the day. Two years ago I stood in line for an hour and a half to vote for the Presidential election and was subsequently late to work. Imagine my surprise when I drove past the same polling place about ten hours later that day, 6:30PM or so, and there were exactly two cars in the parking lot (both of which probably belonged to lonely and bored poll attendants). So, yes, I shall not make that mistake again. I will be an evening voter from now on.  Silas will accompany me to voting, just like he accompanies me into the liquor store, although he is obviously under-age. And to the few fools who have ever commented to me about the age of my son in such locations, I simply ask, "Would you prefer that I illegally leave him in the car?"  I didn't think so, so now shut your traps.

Well, there are many things about Oklahoma of which a citizen should not be proud, but tomorrow is not one of them. No siree, and why? Because no matter what happens by the end of the day tomorrow, Oklahomans will have voted in their first female governor in history. While I certainly have a preference between Democrat Jari Askins and Republican Mary Fallin, I will be happy regardless of which one is chosen for the simple fact that we are now progressing onward to a more equivalent society.

On other notes, happy six-month birthday to Silas tomorrow. Sometimes I think that six months has flown by, and other times I think, yes, it has indeed been six long but good months.  Also, I have run twice since my last entry, once to the tune of 2.3 miles, and once to some major suckage of only one mile. To this day when I totally sucked (I believe it was Saturday), I kept telling myself afterward the great Vince Lombardi quote, "Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit." I did not quit today and ran on, my friends. And on and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment