Saturday, November 6, 2010

Say Cheese!

Today we were up early because it was picture day for our little family of three. We came in contact with a photographer named Katie Christy, who does mini-sessions for a reasonable price. The mini-session lasts for 15 minutes or less and is at a specified outdoor location that she dresses up with cute furniture, etc., while getting in a nice outdoorsy background. Apparently it's enough to get some good shots, and she gives you a CD of the edited photos. Our appointment was at 8:15 this morning in Yukon, and boy was it chilly (for us in Oklahoma anyway)! Silas was a super trooper though, and he hammed it up pretty good for the entire 15-minute session. So, yeah, poor BJ was up at 5:30 and I was up at 6:00 as usual. Hopefully the pics turn out great... I'll be sure to let you know!

Tonight is fall-back, so don't forget to set your clocks back! For me, this will probably mean that I'm up not at 6:45, but rather 5:45, with a baby who is done sleeping but too adorable to get rid of. Just kidding. Honestly, I have never, and I mean NEVER, been a morning person before. In fact, my nickname in the family has been Jenny Bear ever since I was a toddler, and I was named this after my grandma (whose name was also Jenny) and who always woke up in a grumpy mood. She and I were two peas in a pod, apparently. However, 29 years into my life, Silas pulled the unthinkable and made a morning person out of me. There is no time that I love better now than the early mornings, especially the weekend mornings, up with the baby and BJ bright and early (or sometimes dark and early), fixing coffee and muffins, with College Gameday on in the background. So tomorrow if my prediction is correct and Silas and I are up at an ungodly time, I won't be too upset. In fact, I might be secretly happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment