Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Cereals

I have no idea what the name of this band is, but have you ever heard the song that says, "Milk and cereal, milk and cereal, cereal and milk! Cereal and milk!" I love cereal. My favorite cereals when I was a child were, indeed, the Christmas cereals, and by these I particularly mean Christmas Pebbles and Cap'n Crunch Christmas. I still have the Christmas Pebbles commercial memorized because I loved it so much and watched it every time I saw it on the television during the Christmas season throughout my childhood. I can picture it now:

Fred Flintstone is singing about his fruity pebbles, and Santa joins in the chorus: Yabba-dabba fruit, delicious too!
Barney (dressed up as Santa): Ho, ho, ho, I'm hu-hu-hungry! Santa, my pebbles!

and so the wonderful commercial goes on. In its beautiful entirety, it can be seen here.

So, I implore you, why are there no more Christmas cereals? Christmas Pebbles eventually morphed into Winter Pebbles, and now even those no longer exist (at least, I can never seem to find them). Yes, I understand the reasoning of being friendly to all cultures and holiday-celebraters, but come on! I want my Christmas cereals, and I'm going to keep throwing tantrums until I get them! If any of you out there come across the Christmas cereals that I so miss, please tell me where I can find them. In the meantime, I'll keep eating my plain old cereal made by the Ebenezer Scrooges of the world, who think that cereal-eating during the Christmas season should be like any other cereal-eating time of the year. Grr.

On a more serious note, this is the second of two entries that I have written today. The first can be found immediately below this one and is quite personal in nature. I have not advertised it on facebook because it is about breastfeeding, which is a topic that I'm sure many do not want to read about. If you are interested, however, read on about my experience...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, the band is G Love and the Special Sauce. Another thought. . . Maybe the cereal companies have gone against the trend of starting the Christmas season way early and are waiting until say December 1 to release the seasonal cereals.

    ReplyDelete