Thursday, November 4, 2010

A Yawn and a Prayer

Well, I don't know if it's teething or what, but Silas has not been sleeping well. And you know how the saying goes... 'When Silas ain't sleepin, ain't nobody sleepin'.' I feel as though I've been a bit of a zombie the past couple of days. Typically I would shake it off, as I did a whole lot of during maternity leave. Unfortunately, I am no longer on maternity leave, and when Silas is awake for hours in the middle of the night, it simply means I go to work tired (or just don't go to work, as was the case on Wednesday). Thank goodness my weekend is here!

Tonight I am sitting here, zombie-like on the couch while BJ watches the Thunder game on TV, and I'm thinking of others who are hurting. Friends in California with bad news, friends in Oklahoma just returning from a difficult trip, and friends who have lost loved ones. Even as I sit here trying to think of words to type, my heart just hurts and my word-bank is empty. I lift a general prayer for all of this hurt, and friends may know that somewhere in Oklahoma a tired girl is sitting on a gray couch in a quiet living room thinking of you and praying.

Tomorrow's entry is guaranteed to be happier.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny...I love your blog! And I'm sorry to hear about your tiredness and your friends...I just prayed for them after reading this. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie. We appreciate you. We missed seeing you guys this fall! We'll have to catch up next year and introduce the boys. I'm following your blog now too!

    ReplyDelete