Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tired But Cleaning

I haven't posted in a while. It's been an exhausting week, and when I look back at it, I'm not sure what was so exhausting about it. No mid-week Thunder games, and we sold our tickets to the game on Friday night so that we could bum out at home and watch March Madness. Whatever the cause, BJ and I have both been dragging, which makes formulating words for the purpose of blogging extremely difficult. I better get my R&R in tomorrow though, because BJ is sadly leaving town once again on Monday. All strength must be summoned by that point.

It has been a busy weekend for us thus far, full of spring cleaning sprinkled with some healthy doses of college basketball. We ran a major donation load to Goodwill today. I'm talking major here! Our tally included 80 shirts alone, 68 of which were mine...and that's just the shirts! I'd like to say that it cut my closet contents down to half, but it surely didn't, although it made quite a sizable dent. I also spent the morning on my hands and knees scrubbing the tile floors, which makes me feel like a better mom since Silas is constantly crawling all over the floor. It also makes my house smell like bleach, so now people who enter my home will mistakenly think the whole place is clean. Double bonus!

Friday morning I had an incredible hankering for pancakes, but had no convenient packages of Shawnee Mills mix. I remembered seeing a recipe for sour cream pancakes in Pioneer Woman's cookbook, and because I am magic I of course had all of the necessary ingredients for the adventure. PW called the recipe "impossibly easy" and she was absolutely correct. They mixed up easily and created delicious, fluffy pancakes for all four of us (Tex caught the last pancake from a six-foot range as it hurled like a frisbee toward his gaping mouth). Best pancakes I've ever made. Thanks PW!

I wish I had something exciting to say but I don't, so I'll stop blabbering. Good night everyone.

1 comment:

  1. It doesn't really matter what you say, your writing is a joy to read...not to mention quite entertaining. Even when you're talking about scrubbing your tile! I love reading it all.

    Hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete